Re: Pirate station on 1650

In a message dated 4/16/99 1:04:35 PM Central Daylight Time,
kaimbridge@my-dejanews.com writes:

<< I've noticed them since Monday night @ 22:30, real strong at South
 Station:  I thought they might have been the "Big Dig" TIS changing
 frequency--again!--but, so far, I haven't heard ANY 1.650/TIS
 ID/notification.
 NOW, *since 1.650 started*, there has been some 0.590, 1.030 and 1.260
 imaging/intermod (?) on 1.670 (strong 1.260) and real weak signals on
 1.700:  These images have been noted in the past, but only on isolated
 nights, with the signals clicking in & out, up & down in strength, all
 in sync (like all the images are caused by a single transmitter
 source?)--could this be caused by either 1.030's or 1.260's xtmtr, or
 would this likely be just some sort of receiver error mixing on my end
 (but only on certain nights??)? >>

I am surprised that people aren't stealing those TIS transmitters. They use
the fixed and portable models in NJ. The portable models are pretty neat,
genset, telescoping antenna, and transmitter all in a portable trailer.

Mike