Re: Brown Eyed Girl -- "Turn up the radio" (Was Re: Market Research)

In a message dated 4/16/99 3:12:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mwaters@mail.wesleyan.edu writes:

<<         Regarding the censoring edit: I don't remember ever hearing that on
 the radio in Boston when the song was fresh, and I was already a huge Van
 Morrison fan. I first found that edit on a German pressing of the "T.B.
 Sheets" album that looked like it was from the mid or late 1970s. Not a
 very good tape edit, either, at least on that album. The censor edit seems
 to show up randomly now on some U.S. oldies station, so maybe it got loose
 again on some CD. WDRC-FM in Hartford had that version coming up some of
 the times they played the song for awhile, although I think it's gone now.
 Does anyone know whether the censored version (which drops in a repeat of a
 line from the first verse in place of the "offending" line in the last
 verse) was made for U.S. radio in 1967? >>

so i'm up late every night... and found this on the web.  thought it was
germaine...

1970 interview with Van Morrison
by Danny Goldberg
Transcribed by Michael Burns