Re: Market Research

(Re:"Brown Eyed Girl"):
I think the 2 versions of the song go back to the
Sixties. Some stations might have been too nervous
to run the version with the "making love..." line,
substituting "laughing and a-runnin'" instead.

The single version (the "laughing and a-runnin'")
is on The Best of Van Morrison, I believe.

This sort of thing has happened with other songs,
too...like Charlie Daniels' "The Devil Went Down to
Georgia". The line was "'cause I told you once you
son of a b---h", and there was a single/radio edit
that said "son of a gun" instead.

Trivia: Van's song "Wavelength", about radio, refers
to his earlier hit: "Won't you play that song/ about
my lover, my lover in the grass (all right)"...