Re: Market Research

- --- Kevin Vahey <kvahey@channel1.com> wrote:
> One song that is WAY overplayed is Brown Eye Girl by
> Van Morrison, that was
> a so so hit in 1967 but not worthy of the airplay it
> gets 30 years later.

I like Van but do admit the song is overplayed. Wish
they'd play the "alternate" version he recorded,
which was on the "Bang Masters" CD (put out in the
early 90s). At least then you'd have a different
arrangement.

> WJMK in Chicago maybe ( with the possible exception
> of WCBS-FM) does the
> best job I have heard of doing oldies in a major
> market.

I've heard tapes of the "countdown" show at WMJI
in Cleveland; not bad. One tape trader sent me an
aircheck of CHUM (1050) in Toronto; of interest
because some songs/ artists hit the Canadian
chart but didn't make it in the US. Again, at least
_then_ you hear something different!