Re: MARTI tech question

Bill O'Neill wrote:

> (I can predict the answer, but) Are RPU broadcasts still supposed to be
> ID'd?  I recall at WJUL (91.5, Lowell) we used to sign-on "KNEA808"
> during pre-test to studio, and log off with the calls before dumping the
> RPU signal at the end of a remote.

Yes, RPU transmissions must be identified.  You can use either the RPU
callsign or identify it with the associated broadcast station call.  So,
"WJUL, Lowell" is all you would have needed.

BTW, the F.C.C. does not show a license for an auxiliary facility for
WJUL.  I know that I never prepared an application when we built the new
xmtr site, and apparently noone has since.

Bob Smith