RE: another Jammin' oldies

> This might be an attempt to pre-empt the use of the name should such
> a format come to Providence.

How long can that simulcast on 99.7 and 100.3 in Rhody continue?  That would
be my pick to change.  Have one be the 70's/80's rocker and the other be the
70's/80's classic dancer.

> I think WROR would be the ones best suited to this kind of format as
> they already play more R & B/soul/Motown oldies than dopes WODS, has
> a "Classic Soul Saturday Night" show, and our own J.J. (not to
> mention that their other DJ's would probably be able to stay), and
> Loren & Wally in the mornings combined with the hottest format at
> the moment could make 105.7 a BIG player in the 25-54 demo!

I agree here.  Isn't the syndicated "Jammin' Oldies" show from NYC coming to
WROR?  I always thought that WROR should go all soul on weekends.
I like your use of the word "dopes" to refer to WODS.  At least they have a
little echo (reverb) which helps create a "sound," but yes they could do a
better job with their variety.