Re: Disco Radio in Boston (Was: Re: First Jock/First Remote on Star 93.7)

>In early, 1979, WXKS-FM ("kiss 108") came on the scene, and with a
>massive promotion budget--plus hiring away Peruzzi and J.J.--WBOS
>quickly lost it's audience and 'BOS changed formats in nearly 1980.

Joe,

 If my memory serves me, (after all those were the PARTY<sniff-sniff, why
is that dollar bill rolled up?> days) KISS staff at the start was:

Sunny Joe White
Ron Dwyer
Dave Isman
Jeff Wyatt
Viv Roundtree

Also on board was Joe Cervone

I actually replaced Viv Roundtree (10-2AM) three months 'after' the station
went live. Shortly there after I slid into 6P-10P. Dale Dorman started a
year later, actually filling in for me when I went on vacation.  Then Dave
Isman, went on vacation and that's when Dale slid into that time slot.
Matty came a year later, replacing Sunny in the AM,  the rest of the
schedule:  kinda cloudy here......Lark Logan, replaced Jeff Wyatt,  Jo Jo
Kincaid at one point did 6P-10P. I do remember that at one time I had the
PERFECT shift....noon- 3P.  Vinnie for a time did weekends.   Can't recall
when Ed McMann joined up.  Lady D, was one of Sunny's interns, and landed
overnites, I think, after Lark left.

WOW, I just tripped over  copies of "General Hospital" and "Jackie Lucky."

I must admit, WE had an GREAT TIME at 99 Revere Beach Parkway :-)

JJ "we bad" "new wave" "couple of jays at lunch"  "Oh JJ"  Wright