Re: 93.7 deleted from my car preset

 David Merrill wrote:
> That's one sub-genre of the 1970's that "oldies" stations that play 70's
> avoid.  Middle of the road (MOR) I think it was called.  The Carpenters,
> Neil Diamond, Barry Manilow.  The Eagle never played them even when they
> used the "Not just some of the hits of the 70's, but ALL the hits of the
> 70's" when they first started out.  The new Star definitely won't either.
> Whatever happened to listeners tolerating a "hitlist" that included Steve
> Miller Band's "The Joker" and Olivia Newton-John "Have You Never Been
> Melllow?"  I know as a youth, I did not flip the station.
I grew up in those days also.I remember WRKO,WLLH,WFEA were all CHR in the
mid to late 70's and I bounced back and forth among those
stations.Yes,Roger Whittaker's "The Last Farewell","Rock and Roll All
Night" by Kiss, "Nadia's Theme" by Perry Botkin Jr/Barry DeVorzon among
others,all on the same playlist.I enjoyed it then and it seemed to
work.These days,with so much fragmentation(Modern
AC,Urban/Rap,Alternative,etc) no such monster exists.No station seems to be
a true CHR the way it was 20+ years ago.Could it work today??? I would like
to see it work,but I would sense it probably wouldn't fly.
Mark Watson