WBLM

Yesterday and today The Captain and Mark on 102.9 WBLM did a 30 Hour Morning
Show Marathon staying on the air for 30 hours to raise money for a local
summer day camp that burned down recently.  It was pretty funny to hear them
on the air when the effects of sleep depravation started to kick in.  The
best part of the stunt was that they were playing requests for $20 a song and
were playing anything they could find, even if it didn't fit the format.
Some of the songs that I heard on WBLM today that I never thought I would
hear on WBLM were "Rockin' Robin", "Daisy a Day" by the late Jed Strunk (He
was from Maine.  Anyone remember that 70's country hit?) and some stuff by
local bands who brought in their stuff and made a donation to have it played
on the radio.  (Is that considered payola?)

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine