Re: Any news on the WNEW-FM (New York) situation?

it was asked--
>Please post any news or inside stuff you may have on WNEW-FM to this
>list so we can all see it. And thanks in advance.

Umm, I may be wrong, but didn't Mel start his career as the sales manager
at WNEW-FM?  That's where I recall meeting him, back in the mid 1970s...
while Mel has a reputation a totally "bottom line" businessman, I am also
told he has a bit of a sentimental spot in his heart for the place that
helped him launch his gradual rise to where he is today (ruler of the radio
universe, it seems...)  Sure, sentiment won't stop him from blowing it up
if he must, but I am told he has always been much more forgiving of WNEW-FM
than of some other stations...