Ben Gailing Obit

So at the age of 100, Ben Gailing, who did Jewish programming on a variety
of Boston stations from the late 1930s through the 1980s, passed away on
Saturday.  Needless to say, I was surprised to read in his obit in the
Globe that he had been with WDLW for 43 years-- a neat trick, given that as
far as I know, WDLW didn't have those calls or even exist for 43 years...
but I could be wrong... then again, so could the Globe...

Btw, Bill Buchanan is now on-line and this great Boston Record and Boston
Globe columnist of the 50s and 60s is eager to hear from old friends who
remember Boston radio back in the pre-rock era.  Contact me off-list for
his e-mail address.  Should I invite him to join our little group?