Re: More WLLH News

.Bill Themelis'
>announcement of the show's run coming to an end mentioned that the sale
of
>WLLH to Mega means the format will change and that his show will no
longer
>air on WLLH. <snip>
>Mark Watson

Perhaps a goofy idea, but as far as specialty or niche programs like
that are concerned, if I were the host, I would explore the possibility
of  'airing' the program over one of the public access cable TV (audio
only) channels in Lowell, e.g., 3, 22.  Assuming no sponsorships (no fee
for time, either), and the proper marketing (not too tough if you own a
weekly) then it could work.  With a little/lot of effort, I am sure that
once the show started on the Lowell channel, that contiguous MediaOne
communities could grab a feed from the head end or even tape delay.  To
go further, Greek, Irish, etc. music audio could tie-in well with video
bulletin board info relating to that ethnic group!  Or, the camera could
be locked onto the booth.  (Heck, it sorta works for Imus....)  The fact
that audio-only media are taking a walk from true public service should
never deter ingenuity, IMO.

Bill O'Neill