Re: Jay Severin gets WRKO late shift

It's possible that Severin could be doing the show
from NYC through an ISDN line. I'm surprised that 'RKO
doesn't have Mark Parenteau (Sat. 4-7 pm) do that;
Parenteau works in NYC during the week then takes a
shuttle to Boston to do the Saturday show. By doing
it over a phone line, he wouldn't have to leave the
Big Apple.

- --- ASchinella@aol.com wrote:
> does anyone know if severin will be doing the show
> from nyc or will he move
> here? i know that when he was subbing for howie, he
> was on isdn from nyc

the issue still
> remains that wrko continues
> to refuse to broaden the opinions of their hosts, as
> well as ignoring the
> opportunity to have a decent local host

Severin is said to be a Libertarian...as for local
hosts, it should be noted that Tai has been known to
do topics related to the city of Boston proper
as well as the local area. Howie, of course, is stuck
with national stuff until his "local hour" at 6 pm,
and even that can often be national stuff. So if
someone like Jim Kerasiotes or Shannon O'Brien is on,
they're restricted to that local hour.