Re: WPLM

> Currently sitting in my downtown Lexington office
> I am barely picking it up. I haven't had much luck
> with reception for this station, though when I head
> down to the Cape this weekend it'll be interesting
> to see how far it travels.

I currently live in Billerica and can pick up WPLM on my car radios (in
my driveway) and the Panasonic bookshelf stereo system in my home
office, often with two or three PCs running. I have one of those little
Realistic "flying saucer" amplified antennas from Radio Shack connected
to it.

I am regularly able to pick it up almost all the way to the Pheasant
Lane Mall traveling on Rte. 3. Going along 495 from the Cape, I used to
be able to hold the signal until I got up around Rte 290.

There does however seem to be these funny "holes" in the
Bedford/Burlington/Lexington area where either Oldies 99.1 from Henniker
NH comes in on top of WPLM and the signal fades from one to the other or
WPLM drops out altogether. One of these spots is the intersection of
Winn St. and Cambridge St.(Rte 3A) in Burlington.

Tony
- --
Tony Abruzzese                e-mail: abruzzese@med-biochem.bu.edu
Network Administrator                      Biochemistry Department
            Boston University School of Medicine
Telephone:617.638.5092                            Fax:617.638.5339