Re: WPLM

At 07:15 AM 3/23/99 -0500, Sean wrote:
>Currently sitting in my downtown Lexington office
>I am barely picking it up. I haven't had much luck
>with reception for this station, though when I head
>down to the Cape this weekend it'll be interesting
>to see how far it travels.
Bill replies:
All my reception of 99.1 (except for home) is on my car radios. My Nissan
has a neat dual antenna system which helps I believe. When the "whip
(stick)" reception gets below a certain level the rear window element kicks in.
The rest of the radio is pretty standard. My Plymouth Voyager has a lousy
antenna but a real selective and pure detection circuitry downstream. At
home I have to turn off FM stereo to listen to Easy 99.1 but it's a small
sacrifice! My workplace is steel-beamed concrete buildings that if one
tried, one could only pickup 99.5 (Lowell) out a north facing window.