How the mighty have fallen (Was Re: 1 on 1 - WKBR - WWKB)

>Way back on March 2, John Bolduc wrote:
<snip>
>I also noticed about 2 months ago that WWKB 1520 Buffalo NY switches at
>10pm from 1on1 to Religious programming.

        And at midnight WWKB carries one of the national all-night truck
driver music shows, a holdover from its pre-sports format of real-country
birdfeed. At first I thought they had a commitment to keep short-term, but
apparently they plan to keep the trucker show for good.  IMO, those trucker
shows and Joey Reynolds are the best things going in all-night AM radio
these days.

        WWKB is not the only clear-channel station running paid religion
late in the evening. WWVA seems to go to preachers around 7 or 8 p.m. every
night except Saturday (Jamboree U.S.A.). At various times in recent months
I've heard what I presume is paid religion on WSAI (every night, perhaps)
and WOWO (maybe only Sundays). On Sunday evenings, WSM carries some
preacher shows that I suppose are paid.

        There's one guy on WOWO who gives a Kentucky address and he's so
back-woods sounding in his accent that it's actually difficult to
understand him. Even more so now that he's using that reggae music for a
soundtrack <g>.

        FYI, for old-time radio show fans, WSAI also is running old radio
dramas, etc., weekday evenings. I think they're on around 10 p.m., just
before the station gets religion.

Have you patronized the skywave signal of an AM Class A station today?