Donna's essay on "Big Brother" Bob Emery

Go to the Boston Radio Archives (wish I had the URL
handy, but I don't) and look under Essays for Donna's
new essay (biography, actually) of the legendary Big
Brother. Great essay; thanks Donna! For those who think
that the sort of community-involved programming and
personal appearances that Emery did are no longer
relevant and belong to another era of radio, read
carefully. I think that local radio is destined to make
a comeback. (With competition from Internet "radio" and
direct-broadcasting satellites, it must do that or die.)
With surprisingly minor modifications, the sorts of
things that Emery did early in his career should work in
the next millenium. Nice to know that some things don't
change.