Re: Note about the Channel 5 Proceedings, 1957-1972

On 19 Mar 99,  Kevin Vahey wrote:

> Joe Kennedy (the old man) was hellbent to get even when the HERALD refused
> to help JFK win the Pulitzer Prize, and no doubt gave the Globe the
> resources needed to dig up the proper dirt on Mr. Choate.

It wouldn't surprise me if Joe Kennedy was behind the thing at first, but
by 1963, when JFK was asassinated, Joe Kennedy was incapacitated by
strokes and no longer active.  By that time, there must have been plenty
of others trying to get the Herald, though.

> The sad reality was that Boston Broadcasters was a scam from day one. From
> the time they hired Bob Bennett from Metromedia, it was only a matter of
> time before they sold the station to them. To BBI's credit, every original
> employee was well taken care of after the sale, but it was the idea of
> local ownership that got them the license in the first place.

How so?  The Herald-Traveler was locally owned.

 A.Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/