Re: Note about the Channel 5 Proceedings, 1957-1972

At 11:34 PM 3/19/99 -0500, A. Joseph Ross wrote:

>It wouldn't surprise me if Joe Kennedy was behind the thing at first, but
>by 1963, when JFK was asassinated, Joe Kennedy was incapacitated by
>strokes and no longer active.  By that time, there must have been plenty
>of others trying to get the Herald, though.

   Remember that Channel 5 for most of its 15 year history had only a
temporary license, as the case was in and out of court for over a decade.
Joe got it started and then it just continued on and on. There is a book
that can be found at local librarys that goes thru the entire process ( The
Hunderd Million Dollar Lunch by Sterling Quinlan BPL has 2 copies listed)

   The FCC didn't want in those days.....
An out of town owner
A local that owned other media outlets

Thats how Channel 5 was declared "unfit"...........