Re: Bob Katzen, WMRE

I thought WMRE had a half-decent lineup before their
demise. I believe they also had a show around 8 pm
with Doug Steffan (sp.?), who had been at WEEI
before that. Marcia Masters was part of the morning
show, and she did comedy and impressions (I think
she was also part of Charles Laquidara's late night
show on Ch. 38)...and she did a show on WRCA (1330)
during their "show business" format).

I remember reading about a gay/lesbian dating show
somewhere on the dial but I don't know if Katzen was the host or
not--and if so, if he used an assumed name.

By the way, this is off the subject a bit--but
remember when the Boston Phoenix had radio listings,
right on the same page as their TV highlights ("Hot
Dots")? It disappeared several years ago and never
came back. Maybe they figured that everyone reading
that paper is listening to their station, WFNX,
and there's no need to provide listings for other
stations. :)