Re: The mighty 730

>Garrett Wollman wrote:
<snip>
>Peter had
>hooked a coil of coax up to WJIB's 235 feet of steel, and we used
>inductive coupling to connect the Big Antenna to our radios' little
>ones.
<snip>

        I'll just stick with my Superadio III. More portable <g>. Get's
CHCM, too <ag>.

        I had CHCM coming in pretty well one night around December 1997 in
Scituate . It wasn't late, either -- 7 p.m. or so. WJIB usually isn't there
at all at night and CBL is clear, but that night something else was there
and I was able just about to totally null CBL to get it.  I listened for at
least an hour, and the signal was pretty steady, with some fading. When I
looked it up (since I never got any ID for CHCM, and I had forgotten VOCM's
frequency), I actually was disappointed that I had not heard a V
call-letter station.