Re: 105.7 WROR Palying the Hits of the 60's and 70's

Regarding WROR dropping the 80s from it's music mix:

- ---"J.J." <jj@tiac.net> wrote:

> 80's are gone.

I think WEGQ might be adding some 60s to its mix of
70s/80s hits, almost edging even closer to "classic
rock". I read about it in the Globe or Herald; will
have to hear them to see just how much they get
into the Sixties hits, etc.

A tape trader of mine sent me a tape of WQAL in
Cleveland, which says it's "the hits of the 80s,
90s, and today". As their website puts it,
"Cleveland's Q-104 plays the most popular music for adults now...from
artists like Natalie Merchant, matchbox 20, Paula Cole, The
Wallflowers, Jewel, R.E.M. and Sarah McLachlan...plus your Cleveland
favorite 80's from John Mellencamp, Pat Benatar and Don Henley.
Upbeat, contemporary!"

Is that similar to what WBMX is doing now? And if
not, wonder if a station like that would do well
in Boston?