Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 3/5: We Will Never Make Fun of Boston Weather Again...

On Sat, 06 Mar 1999 00:18:12 -0500 "Douglas J. Broda"
<dougbroda@mindspring.com> writes:

>In fact, this whole thing with urban in Albany is weird. Besides WVCR,
the
>other two stations running urban are licensed to communities that are
>small villages on the edge of suburbia (the edge that meets farms, not
the
>edge that meets city). I'd also note that all three stations have
coverage
>problems in at least one of the four neighborhoods with the greatest
>black population in the region (Albany's Arbor Hill; Albany's South End;
>Schenectady's Hamilton Hill; north-central and central Troy).

Well, Jammin Oldies doesn't impress me as a real urban station.  They
sound like more of an uptempo oldies station that specializes in music
from the late 60's and early seventies.

I don't get the impression that WVCR will be really competitive.
Interesting about Buzz, though... is he programming their music?  The
signal and dial position are not really conducive to major amounts of
listeners.

I agree with your comment, though about the signals in black populated
areas.  I'm not sure, though that even the higher power stations can
boast of decent signals in north-central and central Troy

Rick Kelly

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]