Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 3/5: We Will Never Make Fun of Boston Weather Again...

What makes this horribly ironic is that Siena's hardly an urban school. Not
only is it in suburbia (and perhaps the most well-to-do suburban community
we have; Loudonville's full of huge homes, many better described as
mansions), but it's made up mainly of suburban kids. Modern rock would seem
to match student interest much more closely.

In fact, this whole thing with urban in Albany is weird. Besides WVCR, the
other two stations running urban are licensed to communities that are small
villages on the edge of suburbia (the edge that meets farms, not the edge
that meets city). I'd also note that all three stations have coverage
problems in at least one of the four neighborhoods with the greatest black
population in the region (Albany's Arbor Hill; Albany's South End;
Schenectady's Hamilton Hill; north-central and central Troy).

- -- Doug Broda (Siena College, Class of '82; Go Saints... NCAA bound!)