WNEB sold--again

I just noted in today's FCC actions that Heirwaves, the
Christian broadcasting group that bought WNEB from Bob
Bittner a year or so ago (how long has it _really_ been,
Bob--I've lost track) has applied to transfer the
license to Great Commission Broadcasting, the Christian
broadcasting group that LMAs WJLT (1060) from Alex
Langer and LMAs overnights on WKOX from whomever owns
WKOX this week (as far as I know, it's still Fairbanks).

Will this be a second station for Great Commission or
will WNEB become WJLT when and if Langer builds his CP
to increase 1060's power to 40 kW (from the current
500W)?

Langer has threatened to take back 1060 at that point
and turn it into a locally programmed talk station. In
fact, Langer has been rumored to be talking with Jerry
Williams about having Jerry return to the air on the
high-powered daytimer.

If 1060 ever does become a locally programmed talk
station, WJLT might move to one of Langer's other two
signals--WRPT 650 or WSRO 1470. Or, I guess, it might
not.

Just when, if ever, construction of 1060's new
facilities will take place remains an open question. The
hangup seems to be the move of WKOX to another site, but
the site that WKOX's buyers had in mind--the WEZE site
in Medford--is technically unfeasible because WKOX would
interfere big-time with WESX. Will the buyers of WKOX
make the Asher family, which owns WESX and WJDA, an
offer for WESX that the Ashers can't refuse? Will the
buyers then take WESX dark so that they can move WKOX?
Or will the buyers find some other site for WKOX, such
as the WNRB or WEEI site? Or will they give up and go
away, making it impossible for Langer to build his CP
before the FCC yanks it for failure to construct?

And when will Langer's technical eagles realize that
1060 will never get a license for 40 kW from the current
WKOX towers? The CP for 1060's 40 kW operation was
granted when Langer was proposing to operate from much
shorter and less efficient towers to be constructed at a
site that really wasn't available. 40 kW operation from
the WKOX towers, which are electrically over a half wave
at 1060, would interfere with WBZ. By my calculations,
1060 will be limited to 26.5 kw from the Mt Wayte site.
26.5 kW would still give 1060 quite a respectable
signal, but it's unclear why, when the proposed site was
changed, the specified power wasn't also changed to
reflect the more efficient antenna system.

Lots of questions here. Inquiring minds want to know.
Wayne Carter, are you still lurking in this group? Are
you willing to say anything?--Dan