Re: WNRB, One-on-One

Mike Thomas wrote:

<<Are you serious??>>
Yes.

<< One-On-One is a joke. Always has been. You complain about the
"parochial" sports fan---A listen to O&O will most likely result in
discussion of one of three topics, the Dallas Cowboys, College Football
and Nascar. Who cares? >>

Pro and college football and auto racing fans. These aren't exactly
sports without a following. And I recall hearing NASCAR talk only on
weekends.

  <<You wonder why O&O is imploding? How about the fact that they
aren't local to anywhere, except to rural, redneck areas of the south,
midwest and Texas.>>

Just as the Big O and his cronies appeal to the urban, redneck areas of
Southie, Eastie, Everett and Revere? There are good sports fans in the
South too; put away the broad brush.

<< Successful sports talk is local, and looking at the billing for WEEI
and WFAN should prove that to you.>>

No argument there. That's because most sports fans -- especially in
Boston, where neutral games traditionally fare worst in the ratings --
care only about the home teams. I was merely stating my preference for
national sports talk. I know a national sports talk station has no
chance of outbilling a strong locally programmed one. I'm just
disappointed to see another choice disappear.
On the Saturday night I was referring to, I heard the same ESPN show at
four spots on the dial: 560 WHYN, 660 WFAN, 1090 WBAL and 1410 WPOP.
Another option would have been welcome.

<<Even Sportsfan Radio nights and weekends on EEI is better than O&O.>>

Just another option. We need as many of them as we can get.

Howard