99.9 FM in Lawrence

A few weeks ago I posted an item about the 99.9 FM
pirate in Lawrence, MA.  There was a story in that
weekend's Lawrence Eagle-Tribune about the group behind
the operation and their belief that by operating with
99 watts not 100 watts it was therefore legal according
to some lawyer!  It's still on the air but at
considerable reduced wattage.  Previously I could
drive arounf Methuen, Salem, NH and rt 83 just past the
Merrimack (whereupon WKLB blew it away).  It turned
on all the lights on my incoming signal strength
display.  Now it's tough to get on my street in
west Methuen and turns on only 3 of the 5 lights on
my receiver.  Thus I can now pick up the NEW NEW
station at 100.1 near Worcester. Either their
transmitter is faulty or they're trying to head off
the feds!

Laurence from Methuen

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com