Re: Buying NBC

First, Karmazin would save CBS--that is, he'd keep it
out of the hands of somebody he didn't like. Second,
he'd get a shot at the presidency of GE. With his
political acumen, he might even be able to ingratiate
himself with Welch and become Welch's successor. I just
don't think Mel has a clue about running a business as
large and diverse as GE. Ultimately, he'd be out on his
kiester, but probably with stock worth a billion
dollars--or something close--to console him. And he'd
soon enough be running another broadcasting company.