Re: The Chicks,etc

>Tony Schinella wrote:
<snip>
>personally, i won't miss the chicks one bit. i thought they were awful.
<snip>

        Rather harsh, IMO. Their show may not have been my personal thing
to listen to most of the time, either, but I found them amusing and
entertaining on occasion. Sometimes it was sort of amusing in the sense of
amazement about what they were talking about. But the chicks on chicks bit,
for example (I think that has been Fridays, so I guess we get one more once
of that), was sometimes pretty funny and engaging. Not every radio talk
show has to be a serious political show. It's a big tent.
        Whether I was a big listener or not, I appreciated that they did
pretty good radio, IMO. I define that as something fresh and different--in
this case also something local. I like how they both do not have that
overly polished radio professional's sound. It seemed like real people
talking on the radio (whether or not it was). It sounded sort of like,
ahhh, two chicks dishing. Now, as long as WRKO doesn't plug in the
bird-feed dish, it'll turn out OK.
        I'm heading from Conn. to Boston Friday evening and plan to catch
the last chicks' episode when I get within range. Perhaps Ms. Gold could
have them leave the day pattern on a couple hours late to help me out . . .