The Theocratic Right (was: "bible-thumpers")

Terrence M. Wood wrote,

> Paul, your entitled to your views, and so are all the others, but don't
> take lamenting of the religious right taking up available space as
> being liberal, your views have taken over the AM dial so that the views
> of Moderate Americans are left without a voice at all!

Let's try and narrow it down a bit:  Its not the "Christian Right" or
even the "Religious Right" (I wouldn't consider Farrakan <sp?> a
Christian) that is the "problem", as there are many deeply religious
people in politics who don't attempt to impose an agenda.  Rather, it is
the *THEOCRATS*, who think they are agents of God, that have this notion
that they not only have a right, but an OBLIGATION, to impose their
views and values on the masses.  Likewise, the term "social
conservative" is a bit of a code word:  A more realistic descriptive is
"social censorian", as their agenda entails condemnation, compulsion and
censorship.

     <stepping off the soapbox>

As for "taking over the AM dial", there are two different things at play
here:

 1-"Bitchin' and complaining" is entertaining.  The Left tends to
   whine, whereas the Right tends to jump up and down, kicking and
   screaming--i.e., "putting on a show";

 2-Follow the money.  Most of the "far Right"--and even "far Center",
   i.e., Populists and Conspiratorialists--tend to be on some sort
   of--at least partial?--brokered time arrangement (e.g., Chuck
   Harder, Ron Reagan and even Art Bell), thus AM stations find such
   shows economically attractive.

     ~Kaimbridge~

- -----
GEOCx (Waypoints):
    North/West
   42.57°/70.89°  [          QTH:  Rounded to .01°!  P=)   P=)   P=)   ]
  42.538°/70.949° [ "Public" QTH:  P.O Box 3584, Peabody MA 01961-3584 ]
  42.350°/71.054° [         Work:  South Station (GMF), Boston         ]