Re: Hockey Night In Canada 2/20 (Was: Re: CBC On Strike)

Well....

Whether it gave CBC a bad name or a good name would depend on whether
you're a union supporter or a hockey fan wanting to see the game first. :)

One would guess that if Neale and Cole flew back to TO, the union might
well get wind of it, thus causing all Hades to bust loose and the game
itself to get canned. Would the CBC will that risk? I doubt it, but you
never know... Whatever they do, in fact, vis-a-vis some last minute
switcheroo to carry the Deuce feed, it'd have a real risk of a leak unless
it's held *very* tight to the vest by a company that hasn't been all that
good at that.

I seem to recall the CBC doing this sorta shuffle in the past -- though not
with as prominent an event as the opening of a new arena. Anyone remember
details?

If they are gonna move it to cable, they'll have to do that today, I
suspect, so if that's not a done deal within hours, I'd think the only
issue will be whether they do a feed switch to carry the Deuce's feed (with
whatever announcers).

- -- Doug Broda