Re: CBC On Strike

I'm assuming that the reason that the CBC will have no employees on site,
in light of the "jeopardizing the game" line in the release, is that their
being on site would have driven the Teamsters needed to open the arena, as
mentioned by Newsworld.

Also... will ESPN2 have the game here in the US?

If CBC doesn't cover the game, then ESPN2 wouldn't be crossing the line
that their techs said they wouldn't be crossing, and then ESPN2's techs
could come in and broadcast the game to the US.

That is, unless the union pickets coverage by non-union CTV or TSN crews,
claiming that it's a "scab" thing, but if that happened that would put the
game itself in jeopardy again...

My head hurts. :)

- -- Doug Broda