Re: CBC On Strike

As of 10 AM it was reported by Newsworld (though the story's a bit
confusingly written) that there was serious doubt that SRC workers would
cross the line, The Newsworld story says that there's also doubt whether
Arena staff represented by the Teamsters (ticket takers, concession
personnel, etc.) would do so. See
http://www.newsworld.cbc.ca/cgi-bin/templates/view.cgi?/news/1999/02/19/cbc9
90219 -- and also see the Union webpage at
http://www.cbucc.org/teamsters.htm where, in contrast to the iffy Newsworld
quote from a Teamsters leader, the union says that the Teamsters will not
cross.

- -- Doug Broda