Re: spinning the dial

David writes of Paul Harvey:
>I moved over to WBZ to catch their delayed broadcast of P.H. and was
>surprised by the deterioration in his voice since last summer.  Is this
>just a temporary problem with a cold or something?  The man still knows
>how to tell a story, but the pipes just don't work the same anymore.  I
>found the frailty in that once-great voice disturbing.  I'd like to hear
>the observations of regular Harvey listeners.

I don't listen to Harvey middays, but I like to catch his "Rest of the Story"
on BZ at 5:55pm, on those days when I get out of work early enough... and I
definitely noticed yesterday that his voice was a bit off as compared to
normal (and I'm sure I caught him at least once last week).  Sounded to
me like a cold, sore throat, or something like that.

- -Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu