WQVR

Last Thursday or Friday I was travelling 495 and came across 100.1
WQVR.  I was expecting country but heard the strangest collection of
music I've heard in years; Frank Sinatra singing 'My Way', the Pet Shop
Boys, Supertramp.... Station ID played in between each song.  Last time
I remember hearing anything so bizzare was when I lived in Annapolis,
MD.  104.3 was transitioning from it's WVRT "Variety 104.3" AC format to
the near BM format of the "Barbara, Barry & Neil' Station back in
1994.... WSSF, I believe.   Played music of all formats from Country &
AOR through Jazz & Standards, evidently to keep the competition
guessing.

I suppose WQVR is throwing in the towell on Country, which considering
how WKLB has stuck with Country, (though, perhaps not with frequencies,
hi!)  is not suprising.

Steve Sawyer