Susan Wornick

WCVB used to be the class station in Boston, but Friday's events proved that
is no longer the case. Susan Wornick has a strong following with women in
this area and I expect a backlash over the way she was forced out of the
station.

One wonders if the recent court settlement in Hartford with a former anchor
has anything to do with Hearst's hardball stance towards Susan. In any
event, local TV has suffered yet another blow.

We now live in a market with NO local programming except news and sports.
This is where robotics has hurt the over the air product, but the bean
counters no longer care. What they do care about is Channel 7 has done well
with the faceless anchor...and this does not bode well for Liz, Jack, Chet,
Natalie and Lobell.

These are not good times.