Re: WNTY Night Pattern

>Dennis Jackson wrote:
>WNTY reverses their major lobe 180 degrees for their night pattern.
>So Middletown, which is in the null off the back toward  WALE and
>WZZD during the day, is in front of the major lobe at night, albeit
>with a lower RMS.   But day and night radiation toward Middletown
>are comparable, as I recall.

        Good point, but if you listen to WNTY enough from enough different
locations around the Hartford area I think it's clear they're keeping the
day power on at night at least sometimes. I've listened for the power and
pattern change and not heard it at the correct time or for quite awhile
after. Also, when it is on night power you can hear a major difference in
many places, including Wallingford. At the I-91-parkway interchange in
Meriden, for example, on night power, the signal is bombed by skywave
interference. The much, much higher level of interference to the much
smaller night signal (between one-fifth and one-sixth as strong as the day
signal) is the biggest difference. Even if the night signal puts about the
same strength toward Middletown, for example, the interference is very
high. I believe WNTY operates under the special FCC provision that their
night signal is protected from objectionable interference to the fence at
the edge of their antenna site <g>.

>Also, could the ID be in Spanish?

        I didn't raise the ID question and have not listened much since the
partial format flip.