Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 2/5:(Brewster PRM)

Scott D Fybush wrote:

> ...so the FCC added a class A allocation
> to Brewster this week at the request of the "Brewster Broadcasting
> Company" and Ernie Boch.  The 94.3 channel was made possible by Boch's
> WXTK frequency change (to 95.1 from 94.9) last year -- and it's
> another case where the FCC was able to convince itself that Brewster
> had no "local broadcast service" even though it sits right on the edge
> of one of the most over-radioed markets, on a per-capita basis, in the
> country.  Oh yeah, it's also home to the main studio of one station
> (WFCC) and transmitters of two (WFCC and WYST), not that that
> matters...

	I prepared the Engineering portion of one of the Petitions for Rule
Making that resulted in the allotment to Brewster.  While it may be true
that the cape is over-radioed, the allotment to Brewster has no effect
on the Table of Allotments in any other location so it was either the
Brewster area or nowhere.  "First Local Service" simply means that no
other stations are 'licensed' to Brewster. 	I also prepared the
application to move WXTK from 94.9 to 95.1 and the possibility of a new
station in Brewster was not a reason for the channel change.

Bob Smith