Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 2/5:(Brewster PRM)

[BTW, please don't CC both boston-radio-interest and nerw.  The people
who get the latter also get the former.]

<<On Sun, 07 Feb 1999 19:50:53 -0500, Robert Smith <rmsmith@ultranet.com> said:

> "First Local Service" simply means that no other stations are
> 'licensed' to Brewster.

Which is to say, it means nothing whatsoever -- which I believe was
Scott's point: the continuing insanity in the FCC pretending with one
hand that the locality of license has some meaning while the other
hand strips away any remaing semblance of meaning that it still had.

> I also prepared the application to move WXTK from 94.9 to 95.1 and
> the possibility of a new station in Brewster was not a reason for
> the channel change.

He didn't say it was.

- -GAWollman

- --