Re: W267AI

Rick Levy wrote:

> Kaimbridge M. GoldChild wrote on 1/31/99:
> >>how does that square with WOKQ's translator (FCC DB specs):
> W250AB       MANCHESTER           NH US
> 250D   97.9 MHz    BLFT940315TP  License
>
> HERP    0.250 kW    HHAAT: 34.0 m ...
> VERP    0.250 kW    VHAAT: 34.0 m ...
>
> I believe the 34m works out to about 111.5 ft.
> It may be nitpicking, but wouln't they be about 5.5 ft over?<<
>
> ...or two meters over.  How about that!  Table in the rules
> (Section 74.1235) gives 170 watts as max. ERP for 34 m ant. ht.
> Reading further in same section, I would expect translator ERP
> at Manchester to be restricted to 50 watts due to proximity to
> Canada.  I may be missing something here, but unless the Commission
> erred in granting both the CP and license applications, I can't
> account for the apparent inconsistencies.  You may have uncovered
> a major slip-up.

	The WOKQ translator in manchester (W250AB) is a "fill-in" translator
and so is not subject to the restrictions of 741235(b).  It's
restriction is that its 0.5 mV/m contour not extend beyond the 0.5 mV/m
contour of WOKQ.

	The Canadian border restriction is that the 34 dBu F(50,10)
interference contour of the translator not exceed 60 km in any
direction.

	No slip-up on the part of the FCC.  W250AB is fully within the Rules.

Bob Smith