Re: Hidden audio gem...

When you access the "open recent" file on the Real Player, it takes it's
cue on where to get the stream from a file in a "temporary" file stored
on your computer.  Sooo, if the station that is "blacking out" a feed is
not actually ending their feed but rather changing the link on their web
page then by opening the "open recent" file you get the station feed by
passing their link on the page....uhh, I at least that's my theory....

Mike Malone
WDOA
http://wdoa.com

On Sun, 31 Jan 1999 12:05:44 +0000 "Kaimbridge M. GoldChild"
<kaimbridge@my-dejanews.com> writes:
>I go one even better:  I've created a "bitcast" bookmark, with
>"Listening Posts", "Networks", "AM", "PSB" and "FM" sub-bookmarks,
>with
>the AMs and FMs listed by freq., thereby I have a "virtual radio
>dial"--and, as a bonus, when you set up the bookmark you can delete
>the
>ad link in most cases (unless it is imbedded in the main link, as is
>the
>case with most of the station promo type ads)!
>Another trick--at least with "RealPlayer"--is that the "Open Recent"
>menu somehow evades the feed blackouts (e.g., Paul Harvey, Rush
>Limbaugh, etc.), as well as separates the station promos, thus if you
>load a station during an open time, you can then access it during a
>blackout, via "Open Recent" (which can be expanded to like 50 stations
>or so:  Hmmm, now if I can only figure out what the actual modified
>URLs
>"Open Recent" uses ... P=)   P=)   P=)
>
>     ~Kaimbridge~
>
>-----
>GEOCx (Waypoints):
>    North/West
>   42.57°/70.89°  [          QTH:  Rounded to .01°!  P=)   P=)   P=)
>]
>  42.538°/70.949° [ "Public" QTH:  P.O Box 3584, Peabody MA 01961-3584
>]
>  42.350°/71.054° [         Work:  South Station (GMF), Boston
>]

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]