Re: WLLH:Home of Ameriacn Popular Standards

Brian Vita wrote:

> I had an email conversation with the PD of WSJT and mentioned that he's
> also heard the package in Chicago.  I think that Brian Culberton did the
> music for the package.  Its fairly common in the industry to make up a
> jingle/bumper package and sell it to different stations in different
> markets.  Its generally the only way that you can amortize the production
> and talent costs.  The package isn't tied to a particular programming
> package.  It just seems to fit best with a "smooth jazz" format.
>
> Snip

> Bill O'Neill previously wrote
> >
> >I happened to RealAudio-around yesterday at home and caught a station
> >in the "smooth jazz" preset in Florida (I think it was WSJT) that ran
> >the identical bumper package as Boston's WSJZ.  (snip)

A few weeks back I heard the "original" "SJZ jingle package w/Geoffrey Holder
via Real Audio from KIFM San Diego.  Mr. Holder's voice even greets you when
you connect to their website. Some time over the past few months they started
to reposition themselves with the "Breeze" moniker.

Tony

- --
Tony Abruzzese                e-mail: abruzzese@med-biochem.bu.edu
Network Administrator                      Biochemistry Department
            Boston University School of Medicine
Telephone:617.638.5092                            Fax:617.638.5339