Re: WLLH:Home of Ameriacn Popular Standards

<<On Thu, 28 Jan 1999 23:36:55 -0500, "A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@world.std.com> said:

> Likewise, outside WQEW's market, another station in another market can
> probably validly use the same positioner.  Back in the days of WMEX Color
> Radio, other stations in other parts of the country also called themselves
> "Color Radio" (WPTR, for example).  Likewise, slogans such as "Music of
> Your Life", "Kiss", "Eagle", etc. are used around the country by stations
> that are not in the same market.

But, there is one major exception:  In some cases, the slogans are
actually federally-registered trademarks belonging to radio-station
consultants.  The station receives a license to use the mark for the
duration of its contract with that consultant.  Examples include ``the
edge'' and (probably now lapsed) ``hot hits''.

- -GAWollman

- --