Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 1/22: The Debt Hammer Falls...

- ---Scott D Fybush <fybush@world.std.com> wrote:

> Why did Howie Carr, for
> instance, drop from first to ninth 25-54?  NERW thinks it might have
> *something* to do with those new areas added to the Boston market --
> Worcester doesn't get WRKO very well, if at all, after dark, and this
> time of year, Howie's doing most of his show in the dark...

Maybe it's the fact that he's exposing his biggest
weakness after going into a mini-syndication -- he's no
Howard Stern. I believe, he does local stuff quite well
and he's good at it. But, when starts doing Larry King parodies(ala
Howard
Stern) he sounds just like another local PM-drive
Stern wannabe from WBCN or WAAF.

When the Chicks get better numbers than your money
horse, the red flag has to go up...

- -Mark