Re: More on commercial breaks.

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 07:32:01 -0500 "Tim Davisson" <timdav@bright.net>
writes:

>...if there is "stupidity" it's usually the advertisers who are
>uniformed,
>confused and or afraid of advertising salespeople, and use their own
>personal tastes to purchase advertising for their businesses and
>not common sense! These folks do not understand the complex,
>over-communicated commercial environment we're in, and consider
>advertising to be the low item on their expenses totem pole. Thus,
>many of these local/regional businesses go under....many killed off
>by big box chain stores...or simply fade away in the minds of the
>public in their cities because they fail to smartly and properly
>market their businesses.

Well said, Tim!  Even after all these years, most sales departments
remain oriented to the immediate bottom line, and NOT to building a long
range committment with advertisers.  There is just so much that sales
departments could do through creating partnerships with advertisers, as
opposed to treating them as just "clients".  Heavy sigh!

Rick Kelly

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]