RE: More on commercial breaks.

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of Rick
Kelly
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 1999 12:26 AM
To: jj@tiac.net
Cc: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: More on commercial breaks.

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:09:51 -0500 "J.J." <jj@tiac.net> writes:

>Here's one for you.   How bout running fewer commercials at a higher
premium?
>Instead of running, say 6 spots at $150 a pop, raise the rate to $300,
>that way 3 spots would generate the same revenue.  Pity the poor
>client whois the 6th spot in the long break,  how many actually hung
around to
>hear it?  Okay so I live in dream world.  But I feel a GOOD sales mgr.
>could sell the merits of such a concept.  Just a thought.

I think that the concept has been sold at some stations in some markets.
But yes, it is amazing that it hasn't caught on more... perhaps greed
prevails... or perhaps stupidity!
Has anyone commenting on this subject ever tried to get 300 dollars in a
market that thinks 150 is already too high?

Ira Apple

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]