Bill Heckbert, RIP

Carolyn Cruze (sp) announced (around 1:45 p.m.) that veteran
broadcaster, Bill Heckbert, died last night of cancer.  She said they
had a radio tribute planned in Heckbert's memory tomorrow.  The
station (and listeners) had been active in supporting Bill and his
family over the past few months.  He was a good man.  I knew him,
briefly, when I part-timed at the former WSSH FM where he was a
full-timer.  I'll remember him (on air) for his clear, concise
delivery, unobtrusive style, good radio wit.  His more recent duties
were as utility player for WKLB and what they called the "Officer Bill
(Connell) Traffic Network" traffic announce duties.  (Connell passed
away last year.)  If anyone knows of a family fund, etc., could you
please post?  Thanks.

Bill O'Neill