Re: Este Es La Neuvo 1150

> In any event, Boston now has--during daytime > hours, anyway--five
> Spanish-language stations on the AM band. "Wild > Card": Could
Entecomm "blow up" Eagle 93.7, move > > WAAF's active rock format to
93.7, and perhaps flip ? > 107.3 to Spanish? (or sell-off 107.3 to
someone who > > would change it to Spanish?) If the success of
> Spanish-language FM's in other cities is any > indication, a
Spanish- language FM in or near Boston > would, IMHO, fatally wound
four of the
> five (including part-time) Spanish-language formats > currently out
> there, and be a surprising success.
> Joseph Gallant

I don't think this particular market could support
a Spanish-language FM at this stage but Classic Soul/Jammin' Oldies
could come this way sooner than
we might expect. WNFT went from 0 rating in the Spring to 0.8 in the
Summer, pulling into a tie with WILD-AM which dropped from 1.2.
Considering that WNFT wasn't
even marketed or promoted while it carried The Touch from May to
November, I'm even more convinced now that there could be a very loyal
audience for the Urban Gold/Classic Soul format in the Boston market.

Who knows, if, as rumored, Entercom cashes out after its stock
offering in early 1999, we could see something interesting around
these parts....

- -Mark