Re: Radio "Legends"

>Many younger "radio-heads" will look back at the present day and elevate
some
>of today's talent to "legendary" status, just as we have been doing in this
>thread with yesteryear's talent.

I tend to doubt that.  Legends were made in radio when radio, a handfull of
AMers and sprouting bad-boy FMs, were "new" "modern" and holding a different
kind of status that it holds now.  With media diversification (heavily
discussed on this listserv) radio does have its place, but in a very crowded
field.  And the local signal limits are no longer demarkations or fence
posts.  National networks, polished national voices, have an equal shot at
the local listener as does the hometown team/station (and we see the results
everyday).

Bill O'Neill