Re: Este Es La Neuvo 1150

- ---Joseph Gallant <notquite@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Wild Card": Could Entecomm "blow up" Eagle 93.7, move WAAF's active
> rock format to 93.7, and perhaps flip 107.3 to Spanish? (or sell-off
> 107.3 to someone who would change it to Spanish?)

An interesting possibility--putting WAAF "closer" to
Boston with a signal at 93.7 (supposedly 107.3 doesn't
push well into Boston itself, something I heard back
when WAAF was being simulcast on 1150)...but would
Entercom dump the format of Eagle 93.7? Some say that
classic rock is on the way out (I think Bob Bittner,
for one, suggested that on LTAR this week)--and
really, that's what WEGQ is, classic rock (see
below)...OR are WEGQ's ratings high enough to keep
the "hits of the 70s and 80s" format alive there?

As far as WEGQ goes, they call themselves "hits of
the 70s and 80s", but most of the time they do rock
and harder-pop based tunes. Outside of "Lost 45s"
or their weekend disco shows, will you hear any of
the following on Eagle 93.7?
 --Olivia Newton-John, "I Honestly Love You"
 --Village People, "YMCA"
 --C.W. McCall, "Convoy"
 --Anything by Madonna

Again, my own suggestion/idea, from a few weeks back:
"You're listening to that fat bastard...Howie Carr...
on the all-new (swooooosh!) 93.7--'RKO-FM!"